Monday, August 7, 2017

God's Plan - A Poem In Memory of Rachel



I just wanted to share a poem I wrote for a friend of mine from High School who passed away on 07.17.17.  She had been battling Stage 4 Colon Cancer since early 2016.  She let everyone into her journey through her Rallying With Rachel site on Facebook.  And that she did.  She Rally(ed) with the strength of a Warrior, unmistakable grace and a love that knew no bounds.  I talked about her and the impact she had/has on my life in my previous post: Grief, Social Media and Me.


 God's Plan - Debra Brent - 07.17.17

A sky so blue, billowy soft and white
This Heaven has gained an Angel tonight.

She now flies free; no pain, no plight
Rejoicing above, calming us with her light.

Forever a blessing, a heart made of gold
A love beyond measure, a blessed sweet soul.

So fly with the Angels, soar as high as you can
Your new life awaits, it's all part of God's plan.


The last words Rachel texted me were, "Love and hugs to you". Now I say those words to her, "Love and hugs to you sweet Rachel.  You will be missed beyond measure, but will live on in our hearts and memories forever."



No comments:

Post a Comment