Thursday, March 2, 2017

A Poem - By: Me





I know it's not Self-Injury Awareness Day anymore, but I ran across this poem I wrote a couple of years ago about cutting/suicide and wanted to share it.  Writing, whether in journal form or poetry or
a letter, has always been a way for me to express my emotions without the backlash of comments and/or criticism that I fear from confronting someone face to face with them....


My silence , in the deep black sky of a starless night, succumbs to the hazy images floating effortlessly in front of my glassy, blurred, overflowing mind

3-D objects of past sins await, twisting in a kaleidoscope of disarray; taunting, teasing, filling my head with voices on the brink of destruction

Lying lost in the madness, the muteness, the Crazy imbedded within my conciousness; The images seem to dominate me - choking, attacking, tattooing my thoughts of all that is past and impure 


I give in to the demons, the monsters, the mayhem consuming within - My body collapses as I fearfully teeter on the edge of that deep black sky - thin slices of pain piercing through my tattered, lacerated skin 


Reaching out into the flowing sea of red, I feel the abyss of non-existence; I see the void of all that lives; I heed the cackle of my own self worth being hauntingly driven into my soul


The reflection of nothingness mirrored in my irrevocable fog like breath coats the empty hollow that once held my heart, the shallow grave that absorbs my body and one final stab of pain that is, was and always will be, my so-called "friend".....


 By: DAB 01/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment